Saturday, October 27, 2007

Travel is Good!

Travel is Good!

Carson slept peacefully last night giving him plenty of energy to keep us busy at breakfast. He traveled from Dalian, his birth city, back to Shenyang today. We will stay her until we fly to Guangzhou on 11-2. He slept most of the way in the van. Travel is good, he sleeps! Before we left, I bought a beautiful cloisonné tea pot to be given to him and his wife on their wedding day. I wanted it to be something from his birth city. We gave him a pad of paper and his first box of crayons in the van. He drew lots of pictures of us and our guide. He seemed to enjoy making us look like monsters.

We spent the afternoon in the hotel room reading while Carson watched some of his new videos. We then attempted dinner if the hotel restaurant. When we got to our table, he immediately began pulling things off the wall and banging silverware. We had agreed that behavior like this would be stopped so Keith picked him up and went back to the room. I had a beautiful dinner all by myself with duck and udon noodles and peaceful dessert. 30 minutes of bliss. I returned to a sad Keith and a sad Carson. Keith thought that maybe he had scared Carson so they were both in a not so great place. I sat with them while Keith talked to him and patted him. Then he went to get KFC again so Carson would have something to eat. While he was gone, Carson laid against me on the bed as I was reading. Kind of up and down but at least showing some sort of affection. We have determined that he is a master manipulator to get what he wants so we have been bracing ourselves. Nothing so far. He picked up the phone while Keith was out and called his foster mother. It seemed to be a calm conversation of about 10 minutes. He ate his chicken and is happily playing in the tub with the shower running above him.

Tomorrow we attempt a cab ride to Wal Mart to get pants for him and the promised books. He is a voracious reader and I make sure I have one in my bag for him at all times. Hopefully we can find a place to play ball and shoot his cars around. He took the Simon trickster into the bath tub tonight so that it shot. Thanks, Keith. I can’t complain too much about that though. Keith has handled the baths and one comes out drenched when finished. Along with the floor and ceiling and walls, etc. we basically empty the room before we run the water.

Although today wasn’t perfect, it was the best one so far. 6 days down and 13 to go.

2 comments:

sunmom2 said...

Hi Guys,

I'm so glad things are improving. It sounds like you guys are handling everything so well (even if it may not feel that way). I've been thinking of you often throughout each day. I remember how long those days can feel! Much love to all of you.

Sunni

Lisa said...

Just wanted to say hello and let you know that you were thought of today.

Still praying for Carson to find peace.

Lisa