Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Day 12 the Tomb

Day 12 The Tomb

How many of you can say that you have tried to prevent your child from climbing through a 400 year old wall to climb on a tomb? That is how our day went! Actually, Carson was very well behaved at breakfast and for the first hour of our excursion to the tomb of the second emperor of China during the Qing dynasty. We were very impressed and let him know it.
We had a less than stellar afternoon. The guide stayed with us in the room for awhile as the tantrum was pretty serious and I came out with bloody scratches. Not our most successful time in. We let him be for awhile with his books and after two hours went for a brisk walk in the cold around the neighborhood. There is a street being torn up with lots of construction and I think Carson found every dangerous item in the area. That saying that I detest, “Boys will be boys” came to mind over and over. There is so much energy in that little body!

We had dinner in our room and we all did some reading and watched an animal show on tv. It’s about bedtime now. We won’t be with the guide tomorrow as she has to go and get all of our paperwork. We’ll check it over late tomorrow afternoon. We’ll check out of the hotel at noon the day after that and head to Guangzhou. Yahoo!

Thank you so much for all of the messages you are sending. We are uplifted by many and laugh at some of the others! God doesn’t give you anything you can’t handle. He knew Carson was the right child for us and that we are the right parents for Carson. We will be stronger, more patient, in better shape, and better people.

Wishing we could see our girls for Halloween….our little pirate and princess.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Hi Carole,

I don't have any magic words for you. I just wanted you to know that I am praying for you, your husband and for Carson too. I hope things calm down for you all soon.

Stay STRONG!!!!!


Lisa

Mary said...

You two sound like your doing the right things. It also sounds like hes getting it, slowly, but hes getting it. A verse comes to mind when I was reading all your posts.

"For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord. Plans to prosper you, and not harm you. Plans to give you a hope and a future."
Jeremiah 29:11
Someone said to me once, God does not call the qualified, he qualifies the called. I think that is appropiate for you two. I do hope you are enjoying your time and have a very safe trip home.

Mary

Pam said...

I think parenting is one of the most humbling jobs on earth. No matter how long you parent your children can still pull things that surprise you!!
We praying everyday!! We just back from trick or treating with an army guy and a Knight in shining army!

Pam (Dalian Group

Carrie said...

we are praying with you!